Friday, October 10, 2008

Poor Asher

Asher has had a pretty bad week. It started with a fever Monday morning. When I took him to the pediatrician that afternoon, they said it was nothing to worry about. Tuesday afternoon he started getting a rash that looked kind of like chicken pox. So we went to the pediatrician again. The doctor was not quite sure what it was. He said it could be chicken pox. Or not. Well, it just kept getting worse and worse. When Asher woke up Thursday morning, his hands, face, and feet were really swollen. So away we went to the pediatrician yet again. So it's not chicken pox. And it's not the hives. It's some weird vascular rash. Whatever that means. But he's not contagious. He started taking some kind of steroids last night, and he's doing a lot better today. (Plus he got a blessing last night.) The swelling in his feet has gone down to the point that he can walk again. It looks like he's on the mend. My poor little guy.

4 comments:

MJ said...

How sad! Poor little guy! I've never heard of a vascular rash before. Is it caused by an allergic reaction? Hope he's feeling better soon.

Teresa Jordan said...

I am so glad that I saw Asher tonight AFTER these pictures had been taken. He is looking so much better, thank heavens! That looked awful. Don't you love how the doctors "don't really know" what is wrong? And how much will you and your insurance company have to pay them for "not knowing"?

Ashley Bogard said...

Poor guy! That doesn't look fun at all. I had poison ivy for like 3 months once that sucks to have rashes!

JoElle said...

Oh my goodness! He couldn't even walk! Poor little guy. I hope it clears up soon, if it hasn't already.